Who we are
The Ministry of Justice has a nine member Strategic Leadership Team led by the Secretary for Justice and Chief Executive.
The Strategic Leadership Team
- Andrew Bridgman, Secretary for Justice and Chief Executive
- Audrey Sonerson, Deputy Chief Executive
- Karl Cummins, Deputy Secretary | District Courts and Special Jurisdictions
- Nigel Fyfe, Deputy Secretary | Lead Negotiator
- Kevin Kelly, Deputy Secretary | Treaty
- Rajesh Chhana, Deputy Secretary | Policy
- Robert Pigou, Deputy Secretary | Higher Courts
- Colin Lynch, Deputy Chief Executive | Justice Sector
- Suzanne Stew, Deputy Secretary | Corporate
- Sarah Turner, Deputy Secretary | Legal and Operational Services
- Tina Wakefield | Chief Information Officer
The Strategic Leadership Team sets the Ministry's strategic direction and is responsible for its performance and the development and maintenance of its capabilities. It also determines the initiatives that will help the development and enhancement of Ministry of Justice services.
The team plays an important role in developing and maintaining relationships, particularly with Ministers, the judiciary, justice sector agencies, central agencies and other organisations and professional bodies.