Who we are
The Ministry of Justice has a nine member Strategic Leadership Team led by the Secretary for Justice and Chief Executive.
The Strategic Leadership Team
- Andrew Bridgman, Secretary for Justice and Chief Executive
- Brook Barrington, Deputy Chief Executive | Sector Group
- Audrey Sonerson, Deputy Secretary | Organisational Development and Support
- Robert Pigou, Deputy Secretary | Higher Courts
- Karl Cummins, Deputy Secretary | District Courts and Special Jurisdictions
- Jeff Orr, Deputy Secretary | Legal and Operational Services
- Jacquelyn Shannon, Executive Director | Modernising Courts/Service Transformation
- Kevin Kelly, Deputy Secretary | Treaty
- Nigel Fyfe, Deputy Secretary | Lead Negotiator
- Frank McLaughlin, Deputy Secretary | Policy
The Strategic Leadership Team sets the Ministry's strategic direction and is responsible for its performance and the development and maintenance of its capabilities. It also determines the initiatives that will help the development and enhancement of Ministry of Justice services.
The team plays an important role in developing and maintaining relationships, particularly with Ministers, the judiciary, justice sector agencies, central agencies and other organisations and professional bodies.