For claims filed before 1 July 2014
Use these forms to make or respond to a civil claim in the District Court. However, if the claim is in defamation, is a proceeding in admiralty, or is an action to enforce an arbitral award, then you should make the claim using the statement of claim and notice of proceeding forms. Please email email@example.com for word template versions of these forms and for further information.
Forms 2 to 6CCA can be filled in on your computer. The changes can also be saved.
If you do not already have Adobe Acrobat Reader, you can download it for free from the Adobe website.
Amended rules apply to all steps in notice of claim proceedings taken after 14 June 2012.
For example: if the notice of claim is served prior to 14 June 2012, the old time limits apply to respond to the notice of claim, but if the information capsule is served after 14 June, then the new time limits apply for responding to that capsule.
After 1 July 2014
For the forms and documents required when making and defending a civil claim, please read the new civil claim information. If you are looking for other forms prescribed by the rules not contained in that section please see schedule 2 of the District Courts Rules 2014.
For forms prescribed by the Trans-Tasman Proceedings Rules and Regulations 2013 please use the links below:
• TTPRR Form 1 – Notice giving prescribed information for defendant served in Australia (PDF, 1,863 KB)
• TTPRR Form 2 – Defendant’s application for stay of civil proceeding (PDF, 321 KB)
• TTPRR Form 3 – Request that New Zealand court determine defendant’s application for stay of civil proceeding with hearing (PDF, 2,484 KB)
• TTPRR Form 4 – Request to appear remotely in hearing of defendant’s application for stay of civil proceeding (PDF, 492 KB)
• TTPRR Form 5 – Affidavit to accompany application for leave to appear remotely in civil proceeding (PDF, 504 KB)
• TTPRR Form 6 – Application to register Australian judgment (PDF, 663 KB)
• TTPRR Form 7 – Notice of registration of Australian judgment (PDF, 332 KB)
Use the process links below to navigate through to the correct forms.
The forms below are only required if you are making or defending a claim BEFORE 1 July 2014.
If you are intending to make or defend a claim after 1 July 2014, please go to the new civil claim information.
Forms Post-14 June 2012 Amendments to District Courts Rules 2009
- Examples of completed civil claims forms
- Related civil claims forms
- Restraining orders