What happens if I don't pay?
If you don't pay your fines on time, there could be enforcement action taken. We can:
- cancel your driver licence
- take your possessions and sell them
- arrest you
- stop you travelling overseas
- clamp your car
- take money from your wages or bank accounts
- stop you getting a loan, credit card or hire purchase.
Every time we enforce any of the penalties above, it could cost you an extra $102 on top of your fine.
If you are having trouble making your payments you should call us on 0800 4 FINES to discuss your situation. Don’t wait for us to come to you.