Palmerston North High / District Court
Welcome to the Palmerston North High / District Court information page.
On this page:
- Do I need to attend jury service today? (for current jurors)
- The court house
- Transport and parking
Do I need to attend jury service today? (for current jurors)
Jurors summonsed for the week of Monday 16th March 2015:
All jurors summonsed for the week of the 16th of March are not longer required to attend Court this week.
Last updated: 12 March 2015, at 4.44pm.
- (Tel) 0800 268 787
- (International) +64 9 583 1900
- (Fax) 09 916 9153
- Jury Answerphone (Tel) 06 952 1018
- The main entrance is located on Main Street.
- Reception is located on the ground floor.
- Access to all courtrooms and the public offices is via the main entrance on the ground floor. There is a Security Area before you enter the main building.
- Jurors should ensure they bring their Jury Summons with them so they can be fast-tracked through the Security Area.
The court house
Transport and parking
There is no free parking near Palmerston North District Court.
There is Council metered parking adjacent to the courthouse.
The nearest parking building is the Downtown Car Parking building located directly opposite the courthouse for $10 per day (price at February 2009). Jurors will be reimbursed for car parking costs if you travelled to Court in your private vehicle and there is no convenient free car parking available. A parking receipt should be obtained and you will need to complete a reimbursement form which court staff can provide if required.
A bus terminal is located on Main Street directly opposite the main entrance to the courthouse.
Information on fares and a timetable are available from the Horizons Regional Council website.