Get a copy of your criminal record
If you are an individual and you want a copy of your own criminal record, you need to:
- Complete the Request by individual for a copy of any criminal convictions (Priv/F1) form. You will need to print and sign it.
- Attach a copy of your valid drivers’ licence OR passport showing a current signature for verification purposes. Do not send original identification. If you do not have a valid drivers' licence or passport, you will need to ask someone to confirm your identity, using Section 2 of the form. Note: Parents or caregivers completing the form on behalf of children aged 16 and under must provide a signed copy of their own passport or drivers licence and include this with the childs' application.
- If your application is for a visa to travel overseas or apply for citizenship in another country, please attach a coversheet stating you will require the result to be on original letterhead with ink signature.
Note: This is NOT required for Australia.
- Send us your completed form and copy of identification. You can either:
- Scan and email them to email@example.com
- Fax them to +64 4 918 8974
- Post them to:
Criminal Records Unit
Ministry of Justice
SX10161 (What is this?)
What happens next?
We will post you a copy of your criminal record within 20 working days of the date we receive your completed form and identification.
(Please note that this does not include postage time.)