Information for legal professionals
In this section:
Find out about the key court processes for the criminal jurisdiction. This content has been taken from the Criminal Procedure Act infosheets.
Information and resources to assist you to provide legal aid services.
Police Detention Legal Assistance (PDLA) service operational policy.
This section has resources for duty lawyers and includes information about the operation of the duty lawyer service and the responsibilities of duty lawyers.
This section has information and resources for Family Legal Advice Service providers, including the operational policy and directory on where to go for assistance.
From 11 October 2013, new arrangements for resolving civil disputes with people in Australia come into effect. The new arrangements under the Trans-Tasman Proceedings Act 2010 will make resolving civil disputes with people in Australia simpler, cheaper and more efficient.
Access practice notes, guides and directions for the Supreme Court, Court of Appeal, High Court and District Court. Note: Not all of these practice notes are applicable to proceedings under the Criminal Procedure Act 2011.
Key legislation for the criminal jurisdiction.
- Criminal Procedure Act 2011
- Criminal Procedure Rules 2012
- Crown Prosecution Regulations 2013
- Court of Trial Protocol for Category 2 and 3 Offences Established by the Chief High Court Judge and the Chief District Court Judge (PDF, 75KB)
- Information on the New Zealand Bill of Rights Act 1990
- Legislation Advisory Committee