1. The photographer must be situated in a position approved by the judge.
2. Any person wishing to instruct the photographer during a hearing must sit next to the photographer and must give any instructions as unobtrusively as possible and in such a manner as not to interfere in any way with the running of the hearing.
3. While the judge is sitting in court for chambers or in closed court, photographs must not be taken.
4. Members of the public attending the hearing must not be photographed in or at the hearing venue.
5. Counsel's papers must not be photographed.
6. Exhibits must not be photographed without leave of the judge.
7. No photographs may be taken at the hearing when the judge is not present, except with prior leave of the judge.
8. The media applicant and representatives of the media applicant must at all times conduct themselves appropriately.
9. Photographs taken must not be used other than in the print media or online content nominated in the application form.
10. The media applicant must maintain a copy of all published photographs taken in or at the hearing venue and must supply a copy of them to the court if requested by the judge.
This page was last updated: