Christchurch Precinct public open day Sunday 17 September
Christchurch’s new Justice and Emergency Services Precinct is nearing completion, and you are invited to look behind the scenes before agencies move in.
Come and explore this amazing new civic building.
- Learn about the building and find out more about the people who will work here.
- See how justice services will be delivered from this leading-edge court facility.
- Engage with the emergency services - Police, Civil Defence, Fire and Emergency and St John – and see how they will work together in the new Emergency Operations Centre.
- Get a sneak peek into the courtrooms and the cells.
- Climb into a fire truck and meet a Police dog.
- Self guided tours: Precinct tour, 30 mins; Custodial Facility tour, 30 mins
WHEN - Sunday 17th September 2017
DOORS OPEN - 10am LAST ENTRY - 2:30pm
WHERE - Main entry at 20 Lichfield Street (corner Lichfield and Durham Streets), a short walk from the Bus Interchange.
This is a family-friendly event, with plenty of interactive activities which will appeal to everyone.
Visit the Precinct Facebook page (external link) or the Ministry of Justice website for event information.
For parking information, see:
CJESP parking map [PDF, 59 KB]
← Back to the news
This page was last updated: