Care or protection forms

There are no fees to respond to a care or protection application.

Notice of defence – G12 [PDF, 58 KB]
Fill in this form if you're responding to an application for a care or protection order.
Notice of intention to appear – G13 [PDF, 95 KB]
Fill in this form to tell the court you want to respond to the interim Order, if there is one.

General affidavit [PDF, 38 KB]
You can also fill in a general affidavit if you want to give more detail. You’ll need to swear (or affirm) that what you say is true in front of a justice of the peace, a solicitor of the High Court or a court registrar.

More information about the forms

Include a New Zealand address on the forms if you want to be sent other documents relating to the case.

If you need help to fill in the forms, you can find out more on:

Legal advice

Responding to an application is a serious matter and you may want to get advice from a lawyer.

If you can’t afford a lawyer, you may be able to get:

This page was last updated: