Respond to a Family Court review of child support

If someone names you in an application for a Departure Order or appeal, you will be served the documents. This means they will be handed to you in person.

You must respond within 21 days unless the court has told you otherwise.

If you don’t respond to an application, the judge could make a decision without hearing your side.

If you decide to respond to the application you’ll need to fill out some forms.

Forms for responding to an application or appeal

It’s free to defend yourself against the application. However, you and the other people involved in your case may have to pay some of the court costs.

Find out more about Cost Contribution Orders

If you need help to fill in the forms you can call us or visit your local court.

Find out more about affidavits and statutory declarations

  1. Fill in these 2 forms:
    Notice of defence – G12 [PDF, 58 KB]
    General affidavit [PDF, 38 KB]
  2. File your application and serve it on the other people.
    Find out more about how to file documents and serve them

A lawyer can help you. If you can’t afford a lawyer you may be able to get:

This page was last updated: