Settle a dispute between guardians

Where there’s more than 1 guardian of a child (including parents), the guardians need to agree about the child's care, development and upbringing. Sometimes guardians can't agree.

To start with, you should try to sort things out yourselves. If this isn’t possible or you’ve tried and you still can’t agree, you can ask the Family Court for help.

Find out more about what to do when you don’t agree

This page was last updated: