If you still don't agree after mediation

If you haven’t reached agreement at the end of your Family Dispute Resolution sessions, or if you only agree about some things, it may be worth taking a break for a few months and then trying again.

If you still can’t agree, you can ask the Family Court to make a decision for you.

Your mediator will give you an Outcome of Family Dispute Resolution form which states that you have reached agreement on some matters or no matters and sets out what has been agreed and what still need to be sorted out. You will need to give this form to the court with your application.

Find out more about how the Family Court settles disagreements

This page was last updated: