The Ministry of Justice, the New Zealand Police, the Department of Corrections, the Crown Law Office, the Serious Fraud Office and Child Youth and Family (part of the Ministry of Social Development) work as a sector to make society safer and provide accessible justice services.
In this section:
- About the justice sector: Why and how we collaborate – the criminal justice ‘pipeline’; the Justice Sector Leadership Board and Fund, and the Justice Sector Report 2013.
- Investment Approach to Justice: A bold new inter-agency initiative that is using data and evidence to support crime prevention.
- Better public services: Reducing crime: Achieving the Government’s targets to 2017 - previous trends, action plans and measuring results.
- Research and statistics: Justice sector forecasts, surveys, statistics and links to other relevant sites.
- Justice Datalab website: Allows graphical exploration of adult conviction data, and an easy to search collection of Ministry of Justice research and evaluation reports.
- Christchurch precinct: Co-location for Justice, Police, Corrections and emergency services in the future Christchurch, new model for public services.