New justice statistics published
The Ministry of Justice and Statistics New Zealand have published the latest six-monthly reports of justice statistics for the year ended June 2018.
Stats NZ(external link) has published tables for:
- Charges prosecuted against adults
- Adults prosecuted in court
- Adults convicted in court
- Children and young people charged in court
- Children and young people given an order in court.
Supporting the Stats NZ information, the Ministry has published infographics and text summaries that outline some of the key trends in the data.
Adults convicted and sentenced
Children and young people in court
The Ministry has also published range of data tables of Justice Statistics that provide more detail, including information about specific offence types and charge outcomes. These tables include:
- People charged and convicted of offences
- Children and young people with charges finalised in the Youth Court
- Children and young people with charges finalised in any court
- Family violence offences
- Driving under the influence
- Drug offences
- Psychoactive substances offences
- Sexual offences
- Homicide offences
- Harmful digital communication offences
- People discharged without conviction
- People found unfit to stand trial or not guilty by reason of insanity
- Protection Order applications
- Children adopted.
← Back to the news