The Family Court can make an order to restrict a person from starting or continuing to bring civil cases which are unwarranted or meritless. Any party to a case can apply for:

  • a limited order which can stop a person from bringing a particular type of case in the Family Court
  • an extended order which can also stop a person from bringing cases on related matters in the Family Court.

Orders can be made up to 3 years, or up to 5 years if the Judge finds exceptional circumstances.

This page was last updated: