The Kaiārahi – Family Court Navigators are here to help whānau / families with information, guidance and support on their journey through the Family Court.
How can a Kaiārahi help you?
A Family Court Kaiārahi can help you:
- Understand the language, processes and outcomes of Family Court proceedings
- Where appropriate, access out-of-court services and support in the community to help you reach agreement about the care of your children
- Remain engaged and involved in any Family Court proceedings by working to address any barriers that are preventing you from participating
- With your agreement, connect you with other agencies and services in the community to support you as needed.
The Kaiārahi are a free service, but they do not give legal advice.
Find out more about the Kaiārahi service here [PDF, 336 KB].
How do I get in contact with a Kaiārahi?
You can contact your local Family Court Kaiārahi in the following ways:
- Ask at the main counter (customer services) at the courthouse
- By ringing 0800 COURTS (0800 268 787)
- By emailing Kaiārahi@justice.govt.nz
All information that you share with the Kaiārahi will remain confidential. The Ministry of Justice will manage your information in accordance with the Privacy Act 2021.
This page was last updated: