Students can appeal Ministry of Social Development decisions on student allowances with the Student Allowance Appeal Authority. International students used to complain about their education provider to the International Education Appeal Authority.

The Student Allowance Appeal Authority

The Student Allowance Appeal Authority hears appeals from students about decisions made by Studylink about their student allowance.

The Authority consists of a chairperson who deals with all appeals. The Authority is entirely independent of Ministry of Social Development (which administers Studylink).

The International Education Appeal Authority

Complaints from international students about their provider were made to the International Education Appeal Authority. Complaints are now handled by the Ministry of Education.

This page was last updated: