Make an appeal against a provisional local alcohol policy

Can I appeal?

If you made a submission on the draft policy and you are unhappy with the provisional policy, then you can appeal.

How do I appeal?

You can appeal by completing the:

Notice of Appeal against a Provisional Local Alcohol Policy (PLAP) form [PDF, 261 KB]

You will need to include the fee of $517.50 (including GST) when sending us the Notice of Appeal. This can be paid by credit card, debit card or direct credit.

If you are paying by credit or debit card fill in and send us this form with your notice of appeal:

Pay with a credit or debit card [PDF, 275 KB]

If you’re paying by direct credit:

The account name is: Ministry of Justice

The account number is: 03 0049 0001063 00

Please quote the appeal name as a reference.

What happens after I appeal?

We will set your appeal down to be heard in the next available space in your region. We’ll send you more information about what you need to do when a date and time is confirmed for your hearing.

If the Authority finds that an element is unreasonable then it may send that element back to the territorial authority for reconsideration. The practice note on provisional local alcohol policies sets out the process for when this happens.

Practice note on provisional local alcohol policies(external link)

Who can’t appeal?

You can’t appeal if you did not make a submission on the draft local alcohol policy.

This page was last updated: