Criminal Justice Assistance Reimbursement Scheme

Criminal Justice Assistance Reimbursement Scheme will be closed during the Christmas and New Year’s holiday.

Close: 3pm, Thursday 24 December 2020

Open: 9am, Tuesday 5 January 2021

Please note during this time our inbox will not be monitored and any emails received will be processed when we resume services on the 5th January 2021.

If you lost property or income because you helped the police, you may be able to apply to this scheme for a payment to cover your loss. Your loss must have been the direct result of criminal victimisation. The case you helped with must be punishable by imprisonment.

The scheme is one of last resort. This means that there can’t be any other help you can get to cover your loss.

Victims will normally be told about the scheme by the police.

This page was last updated: