Disputes with someone in Australia

New Zealand and Australia have an agreement to help make resolving civil disputes simpler, cheaper and more efficient when one party lives in the other country.

If you’re in New Zealand

If you’re in New Zealand you can:

If you’re in Australia

Australian residents have the same rights and responsibilities that are outlined in this section for New Zealand residents. Australian residents need to read the information on the Australian Attorney-General’s website.

Find out more about resolving a dispute if you’re in Australia(external link)

This page was last updated: