Help to look after property

If you think you or someone else needs help making decisions about property or their income, you can ask the Family Court to get someone to look after the property or income.

You have 2 options:

If a person’s income or benefit is less than $20,000 a year and none of the property to be managed is worth more than $5000, you can ask the court for an Order to Administer Property.

Find out more about how administering property works

If the property or income is worth more than this, instead of applying for an Order to Administer Property, you can apply to have a property manager appointed.

Find out more about what a property manager does

This page was last updated: