Modernising courts & tribunals
The Ministry and the Judiciary are working together to modernise courts and tribunals and get people through the justice system quicker.
We are aiming for a 21st century justice system where people can access justice in the way they expect. We also want to deliver services that provide value for money for the people of New Zealand.
Our modernisation goals
- reduce the time it takes to hear and resolve matters in a court or tribunal
- improve the experience of our customers – the people of New Zealand
- simplify and standardise our processes to improve productivity and efficiency
- reduce dependency on physical locations.
Modernisation covers legislation, technology, process improvement and property and infrastructure.
- improved rostering and scheduling of court cases, including text messaging
- new operating model for collecting fines, including working from home.
Property & infrastructure
This page was last updated: