Review of registrar's decision: fines

If a registrar has made a decision that affects you, and you are unhappy with it, you can apply to have the decision reviewed by a judge.

You can ask for an application form by calling 0800 4 FINES or at your local district court.

Fill out the form and send it to us by email, drop it off at your local district court, or send it to us.


Postal address:
Ministry of Justice
Dispute Fine

Write the address as written above and send it the same way as any other mail. You can use a NZ Post mail box. If you use a DX mail box your mail will get to us faster(external link)

Reviews can take up to 2 months.

Find a district court near you

Important: this kind of application can’t have new evidence. The review is about the original application when it was submitted.

This page was last updated: