Where to file documents

You can submit this file type electronically and pay any associated fee through File and Pay.(external link)

You should file your documents in the High Court registry where your case is being heard.

You can file a document by:

  • delivering it to the Registry by hand; or
  • sending it to the Registry’s address for filing.

The document is filed when it is received by the Registry. If you do not deliver the document to the Registry by hand, you will be notified when the document has been received by the Registry.

A list of the New Zealand High Court registries, and their contact details, is available on the Ministry’s website.