Legal help in Family Court

If you’re on a low income there’s 3 ways you can get free or subsidised legal help.

Legal help for care of children disputes

Before you come to court you can get legal advice to help you understand what to do if you can’t agree with someone else about the care of your children. 

Find out more about the Family Legal Advice Service

Legal aid

If you can’t afford a lawyer you might be able to get legal aid.

Find out more about legal aid

Free community legal help

You might be able to get free community help

This page was last updated: