Enforcing judgments more than 6 years old

If your order is more than 6 years old, you can only enforce it through the court if either:

  • a district court judge approves it and ‘grants leave’ of the court or
  • you, or the court, have received a payment from the debtor or someone else on their behalf in the last 12 months.

Apply for approval (leave of the court)

You need to apply to the district court where the judgment order was made.

  1. Fill in the form:
    Application to enforce a judgment over 6 years [PDF, 140 KB]
  2. Pay the fee
    On the application you can ask for the fee to be added to what the debtor owes.

Find a district court

This page was last updated: