Quality assurance framework
Overview of the legal aid quality framework
Legal aid clients can expect to receive a high standard of service from their lawyer. The quality assurance framework for legal aid ensures that:
- the service provided to legal aid clients is consistent across the whole country.
- all clients receive an acceptable standard of service.
- everyone can have confidence in the quality of services provided by legal aid lawyers.
- there is clear guidance and transparency for the profession.
- all legal aid lawyers meet required standards of experience and competence, and have the systems in place to meet their clients’ needs.
- all legal aid lawyers meet minimum standards of client service (for example, they must use independent judgment, exercise due care, explain things clearly, and respect their clients' confidentiality).
- checks and balances are in place so that problems can be addressed.
Find detailed information about the legal aid assurance framework and its operation in legal aid:
Key features of the quality framework
The key features of the legal aid quality framework are:
This page was last updated: