Update your contact details

If you’re an existing legal aid lawyer, email legalaidprovider@justice.govt.nz if you want to do any of the following:

  • update your contact or personal details
  • increase your litigation experience level
  • update your criminal case assignment list preference
  • update your criminal case assignment availability
  • take leave for more than 5 working days
  • add or remove a supervisor from your supervised approval (you’ll need to provide us with an undertaking from your new supervisor)
  • stop providing legal aid services or retire.

Please complete our change of details form if you are:

  • changing practice
  • setting up a new practice
  • changing to a Barrister sole
  • transferring from the Public Defence Service to a private practice.

Legal aid provider change of details form [PDF, 2.4 MB]

Firm undertaking form [PDF, 954 KB]