Work you need a licence or certificate for

Find out the classes of private security work you need a licence or certificate of approval for.

When you apply you need to tell us what classes of work you’re going to be doing.

Type of work or job you doClass of licence or certificate you need
Checking who enters premises or events, keeping order inside and removing people (bouncers, door security or event security) Crowd controller
Guarding property and answering alarm callouts on site (security guards) Property guard
Protecting people (bodyguards) Personal guard
Installing, repairing or removing security devices such as alarms or safes Security technician
Giving advice about security devices or services Security consultant
Destroying confidential documents Document destruction agent
Repossessing goods Repossession agent
Private investigation Private investigator
Monitoring systems remotely off site and not responding to call outs Monitoring officer