You've received an enforcement notice

If you’ve received a file-sharing enforcement notice and it hasn’t been successfully challenged, the rights owner may choose to take action at the Copyright Tribunal.

Find out what happens after a rights owner takes action at the tribunal

Can my internet access be suspended?

The Copyright Act 1994 includes the possibility for a rights owner to go to the District Court to seek the suspension of an internet account for up to 6 months in appropriate circumstances.

However, this part of the Act is not in force so can’t currently be used.

Legal advice

The tribunal is unable to provide legal advice.

You can get free community legal help

This page was last updated: